Friday, January 11, 2008

THE FIRST FEW JOYS OF MARRIAGE

Okay, so I know it has been FOREVER since I have written on this thing, but it is quite understandable that grad school and wedding plans have consumed my every breath. However, something happened tonight that is completely blog worthy! As Robbie and I are straightening up the house (which seems to be an everlasting process since we're still settling in), I mentioned to him that if he ended up being the one to put the clothes in the dryer, to take out my blue sweater to be laid flat to dry.
Nonchalantly, Robbie walks into our bedroom muffling, "Oh.. yea.. by the way, I think I may have ruined one of your shirts last time." Curious to see what kind of destruction a husband of less than a month could have caused, I followed behind him. Standing next to our bed was Robbie, holding in his hands a black sweater that was about 14 inches long. Being well aware of what clothes I have, I about fell on the floor laughing because what he held in his hands was one of my half sweaters that is designed to stop at my ribs. You know, the kind that you wear over tank tops or something. I couldn't help but think that this was one of the cutest "first marriage" stories ever. Not to mention his "I'm so sorry about ruining your sweater" physiogamy.

While I have the time, I'll mention something else that happened today. I purchased a heavy punching bag for Robbie for Christmas. He had always talked about wanting one, and I figured what better time than when I'm wrapped up in textbooks and he's frustrated with me. :) So at some point today, Robbie asked me how I liked his punching bag set up and the new mats he bought to go in front of it. The bag looked a lil like this: About four feet high, solid black, an "Everlast" stitching that is approximately 5" x 8", all of which was decorated with a 4" x 6" photo of MY FACE! Oh how sweet our marriage is going to be. Better that than my actual face, I suppose. :)

After explaining a bit of Robbie's "funny/creative" personality, I would like to show a bit of his romantic side. On Thursday, I was at school from 8 - 6. Robbie told me he would take care of dinner so I left it all up to him. When I pulled into the house and came inside, he asked me to get the chicken off the grill. As I approached the porch, I asked him why he didn't have the light on outside and turned it on myself. He was right behind me and quickly turned the light off. At that same time, I noticed our dinner was on our table outside, warm and ready to eat, with a candle flickering in the darkness. Needless to say, the rest of the night was great! :) I write this because, although I hope it's not the case, I want to be able to recall our first years together and all of those things that make my heart melt. According to Robbie, though, he's "still in honeymoon mode". I only wonder how long this will last.. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Robbie needs to talk to Michael and get some good tips from him... but not with the punching bag thing - more along the lines with dinner :)

Kimberly said...

Y'all is so cute! (So cute I needed to say it with a country accent if you didn't pick up on that - I think it heightens my sincerity regarding your cuteness.)