Okay, so I'm sure you're wondering what a "resapy" is.. and so were me and Robbie when we received a text message from one of the guys he works with asking for the "Resapy for Cowboy Beans". But ever since we shared a hard laugh over this spelling error, it's something we've adopted. You say potato, I say pototo, you say tomato, I say tomoto, you say recipe, I say resapy.
Anywho, to get to the real point of this blog, I'd like to share a resapy of a dish that I absolutely love! It's no surprise that it was taken from the Pioneer Woman and probably likely that each of you have either a) run across it or b) run across it and made it yourself. But, I'm here to tell you that if you haven't yet tried it, you should really consider doing so.
Chicken Scallopine
Anywho, to get to the real point of this blog, I'd like to share a resapy of a dish that I absolutely love! It's no surprise that it was taken from the Pioneer Woman and probably likely that each of you have either a) run across it or b) run across it and made it yourself. But, I'm here to tell you that if you haven't yet tried it, you should really consider doing so.
Chicken Scallopine
Ingredients
1 lb linguine
6 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste
Flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp butter
12 oz white mushrooms, sliced
1 cup dry white wine (can substitute with chicken broth, but it's just not as good)
1 whole lemon (I use 1/2)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (can use half and half)
1 heaping tsp capers (I use more)
Chopped fresh italian parsley (I don't always use fresh)
Parmesan cheese, for topping
Instructions
Cook pasta according to the directions.
Flatten the chicken breasts to uniform thickness, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then cover with flour.
Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Fry the chicken breasts until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Throw mushrooms into the pan and stir. Immediately pour in the wine (or chicken broth) and then squeeze in the lemon juice. Stir to deglaze the pan and then cook vigorously for 1 minute, until sauce reduces.
Pour in cream and stir, then add capers and parsley and stir. Turn off heat. Stir and add and salt and pepper to taste.
Place pasta and chicken on a platter and top with every last drop of sauce. Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
BON APPETIT!
0 comments:
Post a Comment