Saturday, February 21, 2009

WHERE AM I?

For Christmas, Robbie received one of those desk calendar things. Each day, there is a different word, its definition, and then it is used in a sentence. According to Robbie, this weekend's word was designed for me:

"Geotard"

A person who is incapable of figuring out how to get from point A to B without instructions like "turn at that pretty blue house," does not know which direction is north, and/or points in the wrong direction when talking about a place. Combination of "geography" and "retard".

If I have to tell her how to get there one more time, I'm going to kick her in her geotard butt!"

As my sister, Leanne, states, "Debra can get lost in a brown paper bag." So I guess the reputation remains..

But know this.. I can tell you how pain travels up your afferent nerve, enters your spinal cord via the Zone of Lissauer, synapses in the Substantia Gelatinosa and Nucleus Proprius, crosses through the anterior white commissure, travels to the anterolateral spinal thalamic tract and spinal lemniscus, synapses in the ventral posterior lateral nucleus, and then terminates in the primary somatic sensory cortex. And then it turns back around and travels back down a different path, telling your muscles to pull yourself away from the painful stimulus.

I may be a geotard, but I also consider myself a "Bodenius" - a genius of the body. :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Tell them them to stop giving you such a hard time. :-)

ACopeland said...

Thats a good definition and explanation.

Kimberly said...

you lost me at afferent...

Tonya said...

hahah... LOVE IT!!! too funny...and sad that I knew exactly what you were talking about with the spinal thalamic tract and all....we truly are geeks my friend :)