I recently completed my 5th semester, which means I now have 4 months of internship. My first one is in Orlando at a hospital where I will be working on the intensive care unit. I will see such things as traumas, burns, and patients with neurological and cardiopulmonary conditions. My second internship is at an outpatient facility in Jacksonville, which is the direction I believe I want to go. My hope is that I absolutely fall in love with the clinic, they fall in love with me, and that they will be looking to hire in December! :)
While this break from "school" will be much needed and enjoyed, it certainly will not be a breeze. One thing specific to the grad school I attend is what they call "Exit Exams". This includes a 200 question written exam, one oral exam, and one practical exam, all of which covers information from my previous 6 semesters. The oral and practical portions of the exit exam are completed with the use of a case. I will walk into a room, be provided with a case scenario, have 20 minutes to analyze it, and then randomly meet with any two of my professors, where they will ask me a series of questions related to my case. Following the oral portion, I have to perform techniques from any of the previous labs I have had since August 2007. In order to pass, I must receive an 80% or better - if not, I have to repeat the process again at a later date.
PUTTING IT INTO PERSPECTIVE
22 Notebooks / 32 Classes / 1 Exit Exam
(IF ONLY MY BRAIN WERE THAT BIG)
3 comments:
haha....nice Debra! My binders definitely do not look as pretty and organized as yours!!! You want to come organize mine for me?
Wow! That's a lot! But I know you can do it.
Wow, sounds exactly like nursing school! And just to think .. all of my 4 inch binders are sitting in the closet at my parent's house now. Ha. You've done great all along -- you'll do an excellent job -- I'm certain of it!
Post a Comment