So as you can imagine, the application process for graduate schools is nothing but a headache. Typical deadlines are January 15th if you want to start in the fall of that year, and the University of Florida is no exception. With my luck, Monday, January 15th happens to fall on MLK Jr. Day, meaning that mail is not en route that day. As I went to the UPS store yesterday to send out my documentations to UF and USA, I was informed they cannot overnight, but rather have priority mail. So I filled everything out and decided to send it priority (meaning it would arrive in two days), certified (meaning someone had to sign for it), and return receipt requested (that's self explanatory). As I got in my car to drive to my clinical site, I realized that two days from yesterday would be Saturday and that no one would be there to sign for it. The stress level increased to the point of a headache and chest pain - something I've never experienced before. I called my mom and she calmed me down, and her and I were both convinced that they would see it was postmarked by January 11th and respect the fact that I sent it certified to ensure proper delivery. For clarification, I sent someone in the Admissions Office an email explaining my situation. Her response was this: "No one will be here Saturday to accept it. If it arrives on Tuesday, we will accept it, but it will be lower in priority and receive a later review than the on-time applications." Oh how upset and irritated I was at this response! Prior to this, I was leaning towards attending USA over UF. I think now I'm about to topple over in the direction favoring USA. My only hope now is that UF will place my name at the very bottom of the pile, read my application, send me a letter of acceptance in hopes of obtaining a respectable and hard-working student, only to hear a big, fat DENIAL from me!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment