What a year this has been.. if I can even call it such! If I have ever experienced the speed of light, I believe it was this past year. Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that the older I get, the quicker time flies by. It's funny how that happens. As a young child, one can hardly wait to be an adult. As an adult, one can only hope to stay young and avoid the responsibility that tags along with being older..
2006 was full of many "firsts" for me. On February 12th, I began dating my "first" boyfriend. Robbie became my first true love and the first guy I ever imagined marrying. I always have had a weird way of looking at things, and this next comment is evident of that. With all of the guys I casually dated, I tried to picture them in my wedding pictures. It wasn't until Robbie came along that I knew I would be 100% pleased with who would be standing by my side, him in his tux and me in my white dress. I have cried over guys before, but I have never cried at the sound of hearing a guy tell me, "I love you." Robbie was my first. For your sake, I won't continue any further with this topic, but I do want to end it by saying this: 2006 was not the year for it, but I look forward to the day that he will become my first (and only) "partner". ;)
As this year came to a close, my busy schedule did not. Christmas break consisted of observation hours for grad school and studying for my GRE, with a break here and there. The stress levels were high, and my emotions were even higher. I tried to remind myself daily that God will not give me more than I can handle. So.. December 29th was the day I took my GRE and I know God was hearing an ear full that day. I know it's said that sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers, but that was most certainly NOT the case in this situation. God knew that as well. Upon completion of the exam, they reported my scores in two categories: Verbal and Quantitative. I received a 380 in Verbal and a 610 in Quantitative. I was so nervous that I was unable to add those two simple numbers in my head, despite the ridiculous questions that they had just tested me on! I proceeded to write them down and add them up like I was taught in 2nd grade. 380 + 610 = 990!! Are you serious? I had really just scored that high on something I thought I had failed? ..Thirty minutes later.. Are you serious? I had really just scored 10 points under what grad schools want to see? Lucky for me, my GPA is high so I'm hoping that will be enough to outweigh the trivial 10 points!
I look forward to all that this upcoming year has in store for me.. so c'mon heaven.. bring your best in '07!
(Cheesy, I know.. but what else did you expect from me?)
Saturday, January 6, 2007
A MIX OF '06
Posted by Debra at 12:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Not cheesy at all, I loved it! Im looking forward to reading your great posts! Just do me a favor and keep up with your better than Heather does:)
Congrats again on the awesome GRE score - you're so cool:)
Post a Comment