Wednesday, October 8, 2008

CHEAP CREATION

I've been on a bit of a jewelry kick lately. As a result, I am experiencing a lack of storage space. My necklaces are currently hanging on a rack-like thing in our bathroom and my earrings.. well, they have been scattered everywhere. I have been pondering about what I could build - or better yet, what I could ask Robbie to build. I thought I had it all designed in my head 'til tonight. In the process of cleaning my house and getting rid of junk, I ran into an old collage board covered in fabric. So I pulled it out into my living room, then went into our office, and I came out with my container of paper clips. From there, I created this:







I am not claiming that this is the prettiest jewelry display, but it is the cheapest. No worries, it's not out in the open, but rather hidden on a wall in our closet. Attractive? Maybe, only because of the color from the paper clips and earrings. Practical? You betcha! A husband pleaser? Only cuz it didn't cost me anything. A wife pleaser? Yep, now I know where all my earrings are!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Very creative! You're such a clever girl!

Rachel said...

Funny how I was going to say, "You clever girl!" Laura went and took the words right out of my mouth!

An earring/necklace holder is actually an idea I gave my brother for Christmas .. HA!

ACopeland said...

Debra I miss you and your craftiness.

Kimberly said...

That is so Debra. You trip me out.