Friday, October 10, 2008

A SWEET SURPRISE

With the combination of school, sicknesses, weddings, and other various weekend plans, Robbie and I have not had a lot of one on one time. It's evident when life gets busy and we're "disconnected", so to speak. It typically results in us watching TV together, with him on one couch and me on the other, usually with my laptop in front of me completing online work or blog browsing. Last night was going to be no exception to our busy life, until.. some plans had changed.

Although changes in plans can be frustrating, it was obvious that God's plans were far better than those that we had made. While completing a final exam online, Robbie headed to the store and picked up some dinner. Later that night, he decided to "ground me". He sent me to our bedroom and told me to stay there until he came to get me. So I got to work, doing some last minute cleaning before the arrival of my mother-in-law. About 15 minutes later, Robbie came into the room and led me out into the living room, to which I was greeted with lit candles, wine, and fruit with chocolate fondue.




Unfortunately, it's too uncommon that we don't do things like this. We turned off the TV for the rest of the night, hung out in the candlelight, spoke about random things, and reminisced on how we met and our "dating days."

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Y'all so cute:)

Laura said...

That was so sweet of him.

Rachel said...

How stinkin' sweet!

Ashley said...

I'm just mad that you stopped in the middle of all this romance to take a picture!

Robbie needs to hold a husband class on how to's. ;)

Laura said...

Hey there! Can you send me your address or email address. I just realized I don't have either!